Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

iPad Feature: Dropbox

I've decided that each week I want to showcase a student or two from my room that has mastered an app or operation on our classroom iPads. Since I am still learning a good bit about these and all of the AMAZING things to do with them, I thought this may be helpful. This week, our fourth graders learned how to properly use Dropbox to open a document, edit it, then return it to Dropbox.

This comes in really handy in the classroom and saves a good bit of paper. One way we use it is for our daily review assignment called Mountain Math. Using my Macbook, I create a master document of the questions and save it in the "Mountain Math Folder" of Dropbox at the beginning of the week. As my students begin the assignment, they open the master, edit their answers into it, then re-save using their name. Once that is done, they can come in the next day, find their name, and continue working. By Friday, they have a complete assignment and I can check that they've completed it correctly from my own computer. Here is my student, Ally, showing a quick version of how they do it!




Coming next week: Paperport Notes (Document Editor) Have a great weekend! 

Mrs. Holland 


No comments:

Post a Comment